Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Taking Chaaaaaarge :)

Today is Thursday which means.... only ONE DAY of holiday left :( such a bummer and I am really really not ready to go back to university. It's probably a good thing though because I can feel myself becoming very good at being a sloth! I am actually guilty of napping during the day! NONONONOOooo that wont do. I haven't gone so far as to turn the television on before the 6pm news but it's just about that bad!

Queen B announced another show today.. .I think that I'm just gonna do it. If I am able to get a ticket I'm going to see the damn show. Who cares about a life of debt. At least it's only a couple of months till I can get a job and at the end of the day its freaking BEYONCE! Hopefully a friend will come with me but I will be more than happy to go alone :)

Over this break I have done a bunch of things including thinking about what my life is going to be like once I am finally free from the shackles of Auckland University (I know, dramatic, but I really really dislike it!).  I've been day dreaming about small luxuries like a magazine subscription and getting my hair coloured. I have been looking at apartments to rent and online shopping for the most amazing wardrobe. I'm deciding which coffee machine I will buy and what I will put in my booze cupboard... you know all the important things :)

Apart from that I have also been going a little deeper and thinking about how I want to live and how I will choose to be a 'single, professional woman in the city' LOL. The first move that I have made is to decide that it's finally time for me to take control of my health a little more than I have. These days it feels like food hates me, so today I started the journey to figure out why. I visited a naturopath and she is going to do a bunch of research and try to figure out what might be my problem and how I might fix it. What seems pretty clear is that if I ever want to be that happy shiny girl walking down the street that  looks like she's lit from within I have a hell of a journey to take.

I'll have to wait and see what Penny comes up with but from our conversation today and my own experiences it seems like a vegetarian/vegan diet is on the cards along with a crap load more exercise. I have years and years of neglect to make up for! I know from my brief forays into the world of exercise that a hard workout really suits me so I need to get on that as well. I'd like to join a gym but that will have to wait till after graduation. Till then it's gonna be up to me to find alternate ways around the issue and alternate motivation.

I may, from time to time blog this journey because it's really something that is going to seep into every moment of my life over the next few months. I might have to learn to cook *gasp*. Aside from the physical things there are also the spiritual paths to tread. This might be in the form of throwing myself into the available arts scene a lot more, it might be new books or music I just don't know. I love the idea of religion but honestly I don't think that is going to be for me. It's pretty impossible to change a lifetime of ardent atheism. ;-) 

The first thing to do in these confusing situations of course is to ask myself WWBD??? and the answer is of course... WORK HER ASS OFF AND GET THE DAMN JOB DONE AND BE AWESOME WHILE SHE DID IT!!!!  So, I shall aim to follow her example and turn my laser , big picture focus on and get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment