Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

City Works Depot - Dry & Tea and The Great Gatsby




Today I went into the city to take advantage of my free movie ticket. I had planned to see the Melissa McCarthy + Sandra Bullock release 'The Heat' but it only came out today and apparently my ticket was only good for movies 2 weeks old or more... mmmyeah. Ok. So I decided to finally see The Great Gatsby.  Soooooo glad I did. I completely fell for Gatsby and Daisy. The scene in Nicks lounge where they meet again for the first time was so perfect :) Have to admit though that I did close my eyes *cough - fall asleep - cough*..... It was a beautiful and exciting movie but sadly I just don't think that even Baz Lurman could overcome that story. It's a bit of a snooze. Never the less I still wanna be Carrie Mulligan. She is so damn beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the CLOTHES. OMG THE CLOTHES :-)

While I was waiting for the later than anticipated movie time I strolled up town to try and track down the City Works Depot which seems to be the home of all of the new and exciting cafe's and such in the city.  When I got there it was a little bit intimidating for all of its 'cool' AND I really wasn't hungry so I went into the Dry and Tea tea house for a pot of 'Buddhas Tears'. 

It's all very new and girly and very fancy but despite the fact that I definitely enjoyed my tea and the place is lovely it was a little underwhelming. The shop is so small that it feels like more of a takeaway place. I sat in one of their teeny booth seats while I had my pot of tea but it wasn't particularly comfortable. The selection of tea was a bit average for somewhere calling themselves a tea house. I was hoping to have a long list of exotic teas to chose from but while really nice they were pretty limited and very standard. The tea cups and the tea timer were pretty ... the prices were good ( $5.50 for a 3 cup pot) , the little cakey thing that was on my spoon was out of this world..   I don't quite know what else to say. It was nice but I wouldn't go there if I was with another person and it's not in a very central location so for now this will probably be my only visit.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment