Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Kite day!

This morning I went for brunch with my friend Tony before he leaves Auckland to return home to Wellington. We ate at The Belgium Beer Cafe and then went for a stroll. I had no idea that De Fontain did breakfast but it was lovely. I had the waffle and it was AWESOME!. Lucky us it was actually Kite day up at Bastion Point as a celebration of the end of Matariki. COOL :)
 
Mr Tony :)

The people and kites @ bastion point


This guy was awesome! controlled by ONE person!

Orakei Marae is really cool.

LOL gratuitous selfie!
Sky was looking ominous but we stayed dry
More Mission Bay
Mr T and I
Time to move when THIS view gets blah....
Grass shadow :P
Water Shadow in the MB fountain :)

De Fontain balcony on this beautiful winter morning :)


So now after that lovely morning I am off to the Rekorderling Winter Lights pop up pub AND the Glen Ines Lights of Matariki celebration. Apparently there are 100,000 fairy lights in Glen Ines. Cant wait. Gotta find an appropriate level of dress to take me from schmancy pub to family event in the hood hahahahahahahaha 

I love weekends like this one :)
x


No comments:

Post a Comment