Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

My brain hurts! .. but I have some new jams :)


I saw this documentary at the New Zealand International Film Fest this afternoon. It made me so sad I nearly cried. It's just such a travesty what the Italian Government has allowed to happen. The scene depicted in the picture above was so disgusting. There is giant cruise ship after giant cruise ship pulling up aside the seemingly teeny buildings and creating such havoc in the water that their vibrations are literally causing the city to crumble. It's sick and all of the problems are caused by greed. So much has been sacrificed in the name of money. It really opened my eyes to the effects of unregulated tourism and how I will try to engage with the places I am lucky enough to visit if I am ever lucky enough to. I can tell you right now it will not be on a cruise ship and it will not be in a group of 30 people. 
After the movie I was walking down to my bus and came across this particularly valid protest... I think. They're protesting against a new bill which will allow the NZ spy agency (LOL) unprecedented access to our digital lives. It really made me wish that I was more informed about what's going on. I am pretty angry about this issue BUT I wouldn't say that I actually know enough to form an articulate opinion. It made me feel dumb 

So with my mind whirrrrrring away I have come home to a blissfully empty house and made some of my special pumpkin soup to enjoy when Ice road truckers comes on in a little while. I also splurged on an itunes card and have created some pretty spesh DJ sets with some of these peeps ... so many new faves :-)





*sigh* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment