Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

lil bits


This weekend has been eventful ... and kind of not. Such a strange sort of couple of days. Yesterday I had to give a eulogy for my Aunt. She passed away from cancer last week. That's now the third time that I have stood up for a family member. I do it because I can. I actually like public speaking so there's that. I'm done now though thank you universe!!!!!


After the funeral I went out for a terrible Thai dinner with my family. The food was actually pretty good BUT the service was non-existent. I guess, living close to the CBD I am used to places that have to work hard to give their customers a complete service or risk them going next door to spend their money. It's not such a problem when there is less competition. I have to say that I am so used to good or at least OK service that I loose it pretty quickly when I don't get it. I bring the bitch!! LOL When I was down on the coast with my mum I had to bite my lip soooooo hard to avoid looking like an Auckland D-Bag when I had to wait about 20 minutes for two coffees in an empty cafe. That was a real test of my self control but the pace of life and peoples expectations are different down there so while the guy was insanely slow I would have only made myself look bad if I said anything to him. At least he was a really sweet guy :)

Today the weather has turned to custard so it's all about television. This afternoon I watched the new eps of Ice Road Truckers that I missed. OMG I love that show!!! I'm a bit bummed that Jack Jesse isn't on the roster for this season. He rocked my world but it is cool that they're splitting it between Canada and Alaska so I can get a bit of a weekly fix of Canadian accents :)

The Canadian Truckers. How cool are Alex and Hugh?? I want them to be my grandfathers :)

Today was also the return of Heart of Dixie!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. It's perfection with the southern drawls, great clothes and awesome music all set in the lovely little picturesque town of Blue Bell. It's so nice to have something that is a bit wholesome and simple lovely fun. So happy it's back on but I just wish that it was in a different time slot.


x



No comments:

Post a Comment