Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

books books books !!! YAY :)



Last night I did a little shopping on Amazon and since then have torn through these two beauties. I normally wouldn't be reading so much so fast but when I'm on holiday I figure why not enjoy the luxury :)

Just One Day

WOWOWOWOWOWOW I loved this so much!!! I think Gayle Forman is my new fave author. This is all about finding out how to 'be' in the world. One day in Paris changes Allyson's life. It's a little hard to say much more about the plot without spoilers but it involves a love story and discovery of the world and what it really means to broaden ones horizons. It made me want to be 18 again and run away and get myself lost in the world.

I really liked Allyson even though she sure does have a lot of first world problems and call me cynical but I just find the premise a little fanciful and unrealistic. Perhaps it's simply that I've never met a Williem :)

I would recommend this to any older teen.. perhaps 15 up and I really think there is a crossover appeal for early 20's as well. 

10/10

Infamous

I really enjoy Lauren Conrad. She seems like a lovely young girl who works hard. I have read all of her books and they keep me intrigued enough to read the next one. They are exactly what you think they will be - starter chic lit. None are markedly different from any of the others but they do advance the arcs of the characters. I enjoy the way she portrays young Hollywood and of course can't help but match the characters to those on Lauren's show 'The Hills'. I would definitely recommend this and all of Lauren's books with no hesitation to any teen girl that I come across. It's market is pretty defined but with that in mind it was a pretty fun and satisfying read.

8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment