Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

The best comfort food on a rainy evening

I am so amazingly happy that it's Friday night! Wow this has been a long week and I have to say it's a wee bit scary how much of a blur that it's been. This course is so overwhelming! My Gosh it's so all encompassing that it's hard to take a breath at times. Still we're almost half way done .. WOOHOO!

The weather has turned and while it's still warm pretty much we have RAIN. LOL after the long drought it's hard not to enjoy it ... just a lil bit. This time of year is when I start to enjoy food again! winter food is awesome and my fave thing to do is hop off my first bus at the central transit station and head to Ramen Daikoku where they sell fast and tasty Japanese fare. 


I have no idea what they do but those Japanese chefs have some kinds of awesome alchemy. The meat is so amazing and to this day I have no idea what they do to the deep fried things that stops them being oily! It's all sooooooo good. I love this restaurant because they are so fast and it's hard to find such delicious food in such good portions for the price in Auckland. I really enjoy the Karaage Don and the Katsu Don but at this time of year I crave a bit of this


Curry and rice. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Oh So Good and served in such a portion that you don't need to eat anything else that night. It's cheap and to top off all the awesome you don't eat it with chop sticks.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment