Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A fab birthday :)

I had such a great 35th birthday. Low key and entertaining :)

It started with this


My first ever Star Trek thing! 

I'm not exactly sure what to think. I mean it was technically a great movie. Awesome graphics and amazing acting. Actually I didn't expect the great acting. That Zachary Quinto and Benidict whatshisname who played the bad guy were A-MAY-ZING. I could tell that there was just so much back story and information that I didn't have so it was a little hard to keep up or to really engage with it but still.... I guess I enjoyed it....

After the movie it was home to relax and get all dolled up before heading into town for dinner.  We went to Elliot Stables 


Sadly I didn't take any pics but we were here at the nicest food court in the world! It's so cool and I like to imagine very European :) It's awesome because each person in your party can eat something different and it's all amazing quality.

My friends were so lovely. Phillipa and Janelle were first and then came Mr Mike who had come all the way there with a migraine in order to stay for 10 minutes and go home! That's keeping your word!! Next up was the lovely Hue and Elaine with Calvin and Awesome Angela and finally Fleur joined us.  So many personalities on one table. I really wish I had thought to take some pictures!!!

After eating we went here for a drink or two


Fort Street Union is such a cool place! I don't get out much ... really, I don't so this was a great find. Cutest place and nice n clean which is always a bonus. It was crazy expensive.. I mean really $9.50 for a Bacardi and coke?? Uber-unnecessary! Still, a little later the DJ fired up and we got to dance to this


and this

and this

and this

hehehe SO FUN. The DJ didn't even mix the crap outta them as they usually do so it was extra awesome. By midnight the place was really starting to be over run with drunk 18 year olds so we decided that we were old enough to realise that we'd had a great time and really didn't need to stick around at that point so went home happy.

Today I am also coming to understand a new truth ... a 35 year old should not have more than 2 drinks!! ARGH the hangover. LOL. Actually it wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't already been sick but I DID regret that second Bacardi n Coke when I tried to get up to call my mum for mothers day... nah .. not really. I had a fantastic time so it was worth it.

I am starting the year feeling lucky to live in this city and exceedingly great-full to have so many amazing friends and family in my life. GO MEEEEEE

:-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment