Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dogmatic on Queen Street

Yesterday I was between buses and sooooo hungry so I decided to check out the flash hot-dog place at Britomart because ... well really because I couldn't come up with a better alternative.

It's a cute little deli type place that has signs up saying 'standing room only' and 'keep calm and eat hot dogs'. Some tables during summer time at least would be pretty cool but that's a hellishly busy little bit of footpath so I bet the council would either flat out say no or charge an arm + a leg + a new born from every staff member who ever worked there for the privilege and thus the deli takeaway situation...

Displaying 2014-01-14 19.53.41.jpg

The hot-dog I chose was ... actually I have no idea of the name but it came with coleslaw and cheese. It normally has BBQ sauce but that's just nasty so I took that shit OFF! LOL.  It was so weird to read the menu and see mashed potato as a key ingredient of some of the hot-dogs!

Displaying 2014-01-14 19.57.02.jpg

Here's what it looked like and no it didn't come pre-bitten I just decided to review the place after I'd already taken a bite hahahaha. I was in a bit of a time crunch as, like I said, I was between buses so I ended up speed eating a sausage in public! Ba-hahahahha it was very sexy :-P

Overall I wont be back. It's a cute place and I like the premise. I even enjoyed the hot-dog whilst I inhaled it BUT it's wildly overpriced. That thing was $9.80! It's really good quality ingredients and ... you know all of the requirements from newborn children from the staff and all but I still really felt super ripped off. I was dying for a coke but $3.00 for a can? I don't think so sista! The service was just average and the experience was a bit of a let down all in all. Also I ended up with some nasty green crap all over my hand while I was waiting... I think it was relish or I hope it was!

Of course it's all personal opinion but I don't think these guys will last at that price point. If they were selling the hot dogs for perhaps $6.00 people might be more enthusiastic and the kids who mill around the precinct after school (and during the day) might splash out. They're nice enough that people might come on their lunch breaks but they're not $9.80 nice and especially because they do NOT in any way constitute a whole meal. In the food court I can get a massive kebab or rice meal WITH A DRINK for only about  a dollar more and it will be all the food I need for a day. Their hot dogs just do not compete. Nice as they are.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment