Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Awesome Auckland day .. despite the weather.

Today my friend Michael and I went to the Ports of Auckland open day and also hit up the museum for a lil photo exhibit and ... the garden center for a coffee! LOL you start to wonder how old you really are when you suggest the garden center for coffee :)


I have an unhealthy obsession with the port. Absolutely love watching the giant machines driven by the (comparatively) teeny little men moving all that mysterious freight off the ships and into such specific locations... 




AHHHHHHHH!!!!! This was beyond cool. I was worse than the little kids around the straddle carrier. I didn't even think of getting my photo inside but after the little kids did I was next in line! Of course I had been in the rain and was wearing a dress that doesn't apparently translate well but whatever! I was having a ball so who cares? The lovely guy telling us about it said that all you need is a drivers licence to get hired! hmmmmm

After this we raced up to the museum to see the "A decade of days - Auckland through Robin Morrison's eyes" exhibit. It was really small but very awesome and as an Aucklander who gets in free I reckon absolutely worth the trip. The photos are really amazing and you also get a cool little bit about Sir Edmund Hillary's trip to the top of Mt Everest. The Auckland Museum is really such a gem and these days they're constantly having little surprising gems. 




And after that we decided to skip the crowds in the gallery cafe and hit up Palmers garden center for our caffeine. It's such a lovely place, I love to pause in the entry and take a giant deep breath just to appreciate how beautiful it smells :) - the service is pretty average and the goods much of a muchness with any other place but it's just so ... nice! and a good place to feel VERY young on a Sunday afternoon. There are so many things to look at after you finish your coffee and muffin...


xo




No comments:

Post a Comment