Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Breaker nation


This is my team... I love the Breakers and they are in fact the ONLY sports team I have ever given a crap about. This pic is from one of the championships they won over the last couple of years from google images. 

I decided to write this post this morning when I saw that they lost again against a team that they creamed last year. This season has been really rough for them but I really don't care. I didn't expect that they would reach the same level in this season as the past couple. They are almost totally a new team and they're soooo young. They even have a new coach!

I hate the way Kiwis are such bitches to sports people when they don't win! It's one of the things that has really alienated me from sports as a whole. The culture here is awful. I love the Breakers and I don't mind at all if they don't win and let me tell you why. 

This team is young and they're getting there. They absolutely have the goods but they'll need some time. .. Just like the franchise as a whole did before they started doing all the winning. 

I love how they are so humble and always admit when they simply play badly. I follow a number of them on twitter and it's never a blame game they acknowledge when they get out played and vow to work harder!

They win my heart over and over again when I  see how much they appreciate their fans. It's so cool to see the players taking time to hang out for a second with kids or simply slap the waiting hands as they head back into the dressing room. They deserve their fans loyalty! As a fan I feel so much a part of it somehow. I'm not a crazy fan who knows all the stats. I honestly don't know all the rules of the game or even all the players names. I just love to attend the games because I always have a great time. They put on a fabulous show and it's just so much fun! I love how sportsmanship counts and how they play hard but still respect the other team.

I can't say enough good things about this team and I just hope that their fans stick by them. They wont win this year but next year might be a different story. They totally have the magic it just needs a little time to come together and they need our support as well! 

I'm a committed fan win or loose and I hope that I can say the same for the rest of #breakernation. They do their best for us so we should do the same. Lets change the culture in this country! There is so much more to it than winning every game. 

Sorry for the ranty post but ... well ... I'm kinda passionate about this

LETS GO BREAKERS

No comments:

Post a Comment