Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

This weekend kicked my butt!

WoWZERS It's been a hell of a weekend. I'm sore from my nose down! hahahaha :P

Luckily it's all in the name of heaps of fun. On Saturday night I went to my friends first ever public performance with her ukulele group $4.30. It was more about having fun and supporting my friend than really expecting them to be perfect musicians but guess what... win on all fronts :)

While nobody is ever perfect I actually think they did really well with the music part of it. Go Them :) The 'gig' was on K rd which is a super cool but kinda ... OK.. really dodgy part of town. I don't normally go up there and I don't think I've EVER been at night but I was with my friend and we were really early on in the night so it was all good. He and I had a few drinks in a couple of places and took a few photos of the sights as we are want to do. The people watching was great!


So today, after one drink too many and about 3 hours sleep to few I got up early to go and be an acid green shirt wearing volunteer at the Story Lines festival at the Aotea Center.  This year is the 20th anniversary of the festival so it's a bit special. I was with the face painting team and to be honest I absolutely couldn't tell you if there were 5 or 50,000 people in to the event. My GOSH it was intense. Little face after little face, all the concentrating and trying to make shy little kids talk. Doesn't sound like a crazy hard kinda deal but WHEW it was draining. I am physically in PAIN and I SAT DOWN for most of the day hahahahhahah :P


There ya have it. Sweet weekend :)

It was so cool to see my friend stepping out of her comfort zone to perform in public. I am really inspired by her! It was also super cool to hang out with the friend that came to the show with me. He's probably  not someone that I could have introduced to my Grandfather but he's so sweet to me and really cute so I guess I will keep him around ;-) Lucky he doesn't live in this city so it's not even an issue. It was great to be a small part of what I assume was a fantastic festival devoted to stories! How cool is that? Now I am going to have to fight myself to stay awake till a decent hour to make sure that I'm not awake half the night. Tomorrow is devoted to my social studies essay. There WILL be a kick ass draft before I get on that bus to come home.

Happy Monday! 
mmm yeah
Whateves!!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment