Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm astounded by the lunacy

Today I skipped a couple of lectures to spend the day in the public Library working on my Social Studies essay. I know! I know! never going to do well if I skip classes but ... well ... I still feel like I got hit by a truck AND I was super productive so .. yeah what eves :-P

On my way down to the bus I thought I might try to spend my bookshop gift card. WOAH!! I still have the card because everything is so damn expensive that I couldn't find anything worth parting with the possibility of the card. How is it possible that a YA novel can cost $22??? I mean they were even asking that for a copy of "Diary of a wimpy kid" .. not that I would ever buy that crap but still... that one is for little kids. SERIOUSLY? $22 for a tiny little childrens book? ARE YOU KIDDING Whitcouls ?? It really explains why nobody buys books anymore and bookshops are closing down left and right. It's really sad but I guess it means that Libraries will be able to pick up some extra business and people will continue to knock down the door of big book sales. 
SAD :(

The second rant of the day is going out to television in New Zealand. It's beyond pathetic the amount of cheap and nasty reality shows we have. Tonight I saw a teaser for possibly the worst one EVER.. " Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners". Yep it looks like they're sending in the O.C.D people to sort out the hoarders. There are no words! 
I guess it's a good advert for bookshops... oh.. well .. hopefully the Libraries are profiting from whatever the hell our excuse from television is called. 

OK breathing through it
Being Zen
LOLOL
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment