Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Man flu and a cool book haul


The last couple of days have been full of Social Studies essay writing and being sick! ARGH I hardly ever get sick. I generally get a head cold or two per year but that hardly counts. This time I have actually been forced into bed! OMG this really sucks ... (shockingly hahahaha) I think as much as anything this is the one time when being a single person with no car is hard to deal with. I want somebody to bring me stuff and cook me food! I'm too dizzy to walk up the road to the supermarket and then be trusted with the heat required to cook. UGH. Oh well I will stay on this bed and hopefully the world will stop spinning by this afternoon and then if I stay a little longer hopefully I will be able to walk down to the Library tomorrow because I have a CD that is a few days overdue and racking up fines like a mofo!

In the last couple of days, whilst writing that essay I discovered my uni library! .. yes with about 6 weeks of classes left I have discovered all of the resources available but what eves. The first thing that rocked my world (apart from the man flu...) was working on a huge desk top computer. Gosh it was awesome to write on a big screen on a comfy chair instead of a lap top. Might have to think about that when I get a job next year. In the computer lab they have this awesome piece of art. It's done with glitter which doesn't show up particularly well but WOW it's perfect. I really love this piece :)


The other thing that I discovered at the Library was an amazing .. AMAZING selection of YA novels. OhMyGAWSH they have all of the new and popular novels. I picked up a bunch of books that I am currently about 20th to 40th in line for at the public library. Seriously wish that I'd looked a bit further when printing off my assignment cover sheets earlier in the year.


I've decided to give David Levithan a final chance with these two books. I seem to have gone from completely loving his stuff almost 'meh' in the space of 3 books. With the Mortal Instruments movie just released I was going to read that series but so many book-tubers have said that the Infernal Devices series is better so I'm starting there. I've just started following Maureen Johnson on twitter and she's so funny so I thought I would look up some of her work. I was so surprised to realise that I have actually already read several of her novels so I grabbed this one as I enjoyed 13 little blue envelopes from memory. 'Holes' is simply my first foray into books suitable for primary age kids and 'The boyfriend list' is one that is beloved by my fave book bloggers ....and it was there...so yep. I have actually had 'The Golden Lily' in the past and never got to read it so hopefully this will be my opportunity. I mainly picked it up because I really enjoyed the Vampire Academy books.

The Uni Library is now my favorite thing! Not only all of the above awesomeness but also a set of L.M.Montgomery books from 1938 which is only 3 years after the original publication date of some of them! ... I know its a weird thing to get excited about BUT ... they're old!!! 

The other thing that happened yesterday was that my nephew came to visit! YAY! Love hanging out with him. I really hope that I didn't pass on my bug to him. I was going to refrain from picking him up but that's impossible so I just tried to stay away from his head ... I know I know I'm a horrible germ bag :( anyhow he's got teeth!! he looks so different with his two front teeth poking through. It was really weird to begin with but then I stopped noticing them. He's also crawling like a champ and pulling himself up on stuff. I think it's about time that all of this growing and learning new things stopped!! hahahaha  :-P   




No comments:

Post a Comment