Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

M is fooooorrrrrr My superpower :)

It's really strange but I do believe that everybody has a superpower in life. I'm not talking flying or being invisible type of superpowers but just something that happens day to day that is kinda cool and something that makes your life a little easier or brighter. 

I have a superpower that works really well in the lines of work I have found myself in.  People will go out of their way not to be mean to me or offend me in any way. It's almost comical to watch it happen live.

I remember the perfect example from my days as a Librarian. It was a super busy day and I was working the issues desk. It's one of those situations where you expect difficult people and to have to spin a bit of a tale and really do your best as far as customer service goes. On this day not one but three different customers came to me, got their books issued and then waited for the other person on the desk with me to be free in order to have a go at her!!!! 

I was more than able to fix any problem that they might have had and was probably in a better position to do it than my colleague and yet nobody would complain to me. 

While I was at the library I also had people make super human efforts to apologise to me for being rude! SERIOUSLY!!! when does that EVER happen in customer service that somebody not only apologises but makes an effort to do so?

I don't quite know if people think I'm particularly fragile (I'm not) or what their issue is but on the whole people refrain from being horrible to me! 

It's a funny sort of super power but considering the work I do I LOVE it!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment