Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Charming Country Boys

I live in New Zealand where Country music and Death Metal are about as popular as each other. I think One Direction are much more likely to get to the top of the charts than any Country artist. I've always been a little bit of a sucker for it but I really fell pretty hard for Country music when I spent a year in Alberta Canada. I kind of think it's the law there that everybody owns at least one country CD and has a stetson somewhere in the garage :)

I first heard Toby Keith and Carrie Underwood and Trace Adkins. I love the way that the music tells stories and combines real musicianship with all the fun and light heartedness of pop music. I know that the purists don't put much stock in most of the 'country' that's popular these days but you're always going to get your music snobs right?

Last night I was really bored ( have you seen television recently??) so was trawling You Tube and enjoying some country boys. I really noticed something...







Country music videos and more specifically Country BOYS are so charming! What is it about these boys? They're not all super good looking but when they start drawling through some of these super sweet songs and telling these stories ... Well ... hmmm what was I saying again?? LOL

I used two from Mr Shelton because I couldn't embed the best example of this phenomenon that I've found recently which is Luke Bryan's 'Crash My Party'. Now there's a charming man singing a charming song LOL

Now I must get off You Tube and be productive but ... maybe one more? hahaha

xo

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from the A-Z Challenge. First, let me say that I am totally jealous that you live in New Zealand. I want to visit there so badly! My hubbie (who blogs with me) is Australian. He visited NZ once and LOVED it. He talks about it all the time. It only increases my jealousy. I am a big fan of country music. Blake Shelton is one of my all time faves. I agree that country boys are very charming - it's one of the many reasons why us girls like them so much! :) :)
    Amanda at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by to say hello from A to Z.

    - Kripali
    (AJ's wHooligans)
    Sumptuous Living
    A2ZFiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by the blog earlier. I grew up in Tamworth, Australia (the good ole country music capital) and hated the country music that was played there. When I moved to America I was introduced to the country music that was played there and it was so much better. I am not a huge fan of it but there are a few songs that I like.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean
      I really enjoy your blog!!! :) I don't think that Country music is to everybody's taste but I do like it when people have an open mind about it. From my very uneducated point of view it seems like modern country is much more pop than traditional country or bluegrass was which perhaps gives it a broader appeal but as I say my exposure is minimal :)
      Anita

      Delete