Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

When there's nothing to read...

I was wandering around the Library this afternoon and I was just in the type of mood when NOTHING was taking my fancy. I hate those days when you walk in and there is NOTHING to read in the whole Library :P
I guess I was feeling like I wanted to read a book that I could relate to. 'I' am not in any books because my life is so average and normal. I don't have great struggle or great luxury. I don't have great happiness or unhappiness I'm just there in the middle. Probably not the stuff that a blockbuster is made of. Aaaaand yet I'd really like to find myself in the pages of one of the books I read. A character that I can actually really relate to.
Perhaps I need to write my own novel. A story about a mid-30s single gal in the city. She's working towards a career after years of floating along. Not much really happens but she has her stuff. The frustrations with the boy she's always wanted (but will never have). The budget struggles the odd nights out. The friends and the people who will never be. The books and movies and art exhibitions. The photography and coffee addiction. The over involved family and the lack of ownership over her own life after a year of living like a teenager for the sake of university. The dreams and hopes....
Yeah maybe not! hahahahaha Perhaps next year when I'm gainfully employed and stressing over my job instead of university. When I have a different living situation and the ability to completely participate in my life I will be able to find myself in the pages or maybe find the time to put myself in some pages :)

Bring on 2014 !!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment