Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Can you be religious if you don't believe in God???

It's the funniest thing lately. I've started to think a lot about faith and religion. I came across a person recently who had the type of personality that I want to have when I grow up! LOL She's finished. She is totally secure in who she is, she's just so comfortable in her life and seems to be so happy with it without ever thinking that it's perfect. She's comfortable in her skin and really wants to simply live her life to the limit, experiencing everything.

Sounds great right? I think so and the thing that gets me is that almost every person that I've met who has a similar sort of existence is a person of faith. I want that but I have that small problem... I just cant believe in a higher power. I semi regularly attend services, I appreciate religion and the things that come with faith and I really believe that I model the values of most religions every day. So does it matter that I don't have the final piece of that puzzle?

I have applied for a position in a Catholic school and have become even more curious about this ever since. Once my uni work is done I will probably start to investigate some sort of religious education simply because I cant get it out of my mind. I joke that I'm a prime candidate for conversion except for that one little issue... :P

I guess time will tell but this is a pretty massive idea and the fact that I don't know anybody who is a person of faith will make it quite the journey but I really think the time has come....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment