Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Recently loved movies and stuff

I'm pretty useless about reviewing things but there are three movies,one book  and two apps that I've really enjoyed recently that I wanted to do quick reviews of on this rainy holiday Monday 


I LOVED this movie. It was the first one that I've actually had to look away from because the action was too intense though. It's all bravado and stunts and it's stupid as hell but SO COOL! People start talking plot holes with these movies but the only plot hole that matters is that they'd all be dead before the first half was up if any of that ish actually happened to them. It's so slick and so shiny. There's a LOT to like about this movie if you take it for what it is and don't expect anything else. I think my fave bit was when The Rock flexed his way out of a plaster cast! LOL!!!  Oh ... and also Vin in a tux ... just sayin.
The last bit was so well done and they really did well paying tribute to their lost friend. Over all 10/10 AWESOME


This has just come out here but I think it's pretty old. It had zero advertising and the only way I knew it existed was that I saw the trailer when I went to see another movie.. but lets not go there ( Into the woods blurgh).
We have a typical love triangle/interfering parents type fairy tale here. Everyone  knows how this story goes but I adored the way they presented it. The animation is bright and bold and vaguely Tim Burton-esque ( to this untrained eye at least) and the setting is so original. It's a movie about life and love told in the realm of death. I love the idea that no one is ever really dead so long as there is someone left to remember them and the Day of the dead festival to do just that. Personally I think it's more beautiful than morbid or scary. It was a little slow to build but seriously by the time I left the theater I was so in love with this. It's one that will still be good at home even if you don't have a giant TV to play it on so go watch it people! 8/10


I hadn't heard anything about this movie at all and actually watched it at home. I just .. ITS SO GOOD! I don't even know how to write something articulate about it. It's funny and cute and made me cry, it's smart and sensitive and just the best animation I've seen in forever. LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Hero 6


This book has had a ton of hype which can sometimes make me a little wary but I saw it on the rental shelf at the Library and decided to grab it. It's hard to explain the book without giving it away but it's about an experiment done by a Doctor of Philosophy on his family and the life long effects. It's about Animal rights and what family really means. It's so many things to be honest. I found this families life absorbing and read the book in a few sittings. It feels like a true story and when I was having a discussion with my mother a few weeks later about a similar issue I had to stop and think if I'd heard it on the news or read it in this book. We are all completely beside ourselves is intense and a bit weird and in some places it feels like you've read this story before ( BUT no you haven't). It's really original and feels smart though it's one of those things that will incite people with a bit of knowledge on the subject to come out swinging against it I'm sure. Take it for what it is and don't expect a fun ride. It's unhappy and bumpy and will certainly make you think about what you think about the world. 7/10


so that's what I've been loving recently. I also want to mention this ap


I just downloaded it a couple of days ago so I'm still in the fun, figuring it out and playing with things phase but so far it's awesome. I'm using the free edition and you can make videos up to 60 seconds long and use about 10 photos and 40 seconds of video. I've made a couple of little things that are really cool :)  ... and of course this one which turned my boyfriend into the prettiest little stripper out there...


My Idol is all in Chinese but reasonably easy to figure out. At first I was a bit frustrated because the photos of my boyfriend were going onto female figures and every time I ended up as a male! I thought it was using some algorithm to decide he was just prettier than me but then I looked a bit harder LOL. Lots of fun but I'm probably going to be over it pretty quickly. 

We're off to see the Avengers this afternoon so if I like that as much as I liked the first one I'll probably review it at some point :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment