Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

I've found the secret!!!

A long time ago my friend gave me a great bit of advice. I was rabbiting on about not having the will power or determination to get myself on the health train and she said... (dum da dum dum) "Don't take things away just add them" 

It's actually such a simple and elegant solution to the "I cant give up sugar" or "I don't have time to exercise" or any other excuse. In essence don't give up sugar. Don't even think about the sugar you eat and drink just add as much water and clean food that you can. Drink that coke and eat that chocolate but add in a few glasses of water and some almonds for example. The idea being that if you slowly keep adding "good" things you eventually wont have space or time for the "bad" things that you're trying to give up or change about yourself.

I took her advice on board at the time. I thought it made sense and was pretty smart actually but didn't really do anything about it until recently.  Since I've moved into my own house I've been trying to add things to my routines. I'm very driven by routines , I love them. In the last month I've added a glass of water, A face washing-hair brushing-tooth cleaning routine to my mornings and I've added a ton of walking to my day.  So far I'm noticing that waking up is so much easier and I'm so much more on to it when I get to work.

I've added in my asthma preventor medication twice a day and OH MY GOD I ran for the train this afternoon and humid as it was I was barely out of breath and nothing like the red faced, heaving chested wheezy mess I usually am!!!!

I'm loving this simple idea and it's already working for me. In the next few weeks I want to add as much water as I can and I want to add more sleep. About 8 hours a night sounds good to me. After that I will add some sort of exercise class I'd say. I've only been thinking about doing it for about 3 weeks but the results are great so who knows what the future might hold and I can still enjoy drinking coke and eating Easter chocolate!! PERFECT

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment