Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

We're FaceBook Official...

terrible photo that I love #1 

It was my birthday yesterday and this guy busts out with "we should change our status on face book" .... LOL it was so funny. He was really cute about it and now we're "Facebook official". It's the funniest thing to be honest. I hadn't really thought about the idea of making any sort of announcement. I was just happy to do our thing. "Hi face book friends...I really like this guy and we hang out a lot".. hahahahahaha I felt like such a weirdo.

Since we changed the status it's been such an eye opener for me and really sweet. I guess I'm a cynical cow because obviously the rest of the world thinks new relationships are way more special than I do. Well, let me explain that.... I'm very happy with this new relationship...it's pretty damn awesome but I just hadn't anticipated that anybody else would give a damn.

The comments on his status especially have been pretty overwhelming. I feel like I just announced that I'm engaged or pregnant or something. He has so many responses and all of them so sweet. 

One of the comments talks about how important validation from people who care about us and whom we care about is. The person who left the comment was basically trying to say that no man is an island and ... you know... people need people! I completely agree with his sentiments and it did make me feel slightly less of a Muppet for announcing my life in that way. Yes it might be a little bit naff but to see all of that love from so many people really does make the whole thing a little bit more special. Their happiness for us just adds an extra bit of sparkle :)

terrible photo I love #2

I am feeling very lucky. I have a very special man who is proud to tell everybody he knows that I'm important to him! How cool is that!!!! 

So, yeah, YAY ME :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment