Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Reading slump OVER! :)


Since Tony has been a big part of my life I feel like I've done less and less of the things that used to be imperative to me. I mean, I  have an awesome time and feel so satisfied with the way I spend my time. We discover things together all the time and I have a whole new set of things to love so I'm not complaining . The one thing that I really do miss though is reading. I have never, in my 36 years, read as little as I have in the last 6 months or so. I used to blow through 1 or 2 books a week and I don't think I managed a single chapter in January!


Tonight it was so hot when I got home. The thermostat thingy said it was 29 degrees inside so I decided to take advantage of my time in this lovely little hood adjacent green oasis. I took my  book and a Fruju-Snow ice cream down to the park to chill out (literally ) under a tree. It was such an good decision because despite the grass being insanely itchy I managed to finish half the book before I even looked up. 

The book is just a fun 'chick lit' paperback that my mum got from the Library sale but I feel like it's broken the reading slump and that makes me so happy. The quality alone time that is provided by escaping into other worlds is invaluable and OMG I'VE MISSED IT :)

I think Tony is going to have to entertain himself for half an hour a day so that I can get back on that train and once again be the little book nerd he fell in love with 

YAY
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment